Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Levi's Blessing Day





Levi was blessed by his dad on Sunday. It was a great day! Darin gave him a beautiful blessing, and we were happy to have so much family there. Grandnana and Papa came from Las Vegas, Aunt Janet came from Dallas, Chelsea came from LA, Nana from Gilbert, Grandpa Bruce from Chandler, the Lichlyters from Yuma, the Prices from Tucson, the Kluvers/Parisots from Vail, and the Elams from Tucson and Sahuarita. We appreciate all the miles traveled to be with us on our special day. When Darin and all of the other priesthood holders circled around Levi for the blessing, it hit me how blessed my children are to have that amazing circle of support and love that includes many generations. After the blessing, we all gathered at our house for a lunch of Hawaiian Haystacks and Sweet and Sour Meatballs. And we all put away lots of cookies!


The day before the blessing, we went on an excursion to Madera Canyon to have a picnic dinner and let the kids run and play. Nana and Papa hit the root beer pretty hard. The kids loved hiking and playing by the creek. Ethan fell in the water and soaked his shorts, but somehow his feet stayed completely dry. The kids even saw a few bear caves, and Lindsay was sure she saw the bear! These cousins get along so well. I love it when we have an excuse to get them together.

8 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

Looks like it was an awsome weekend!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Wow! I loved seeing that photo where you and Levi were completely surrounded by family. I have a circle of family like that, but that majority of them live so far away! Seeing your photo made me miss them!

I am so glad that you have that circle of support. All your kids are looking so great! How do you like living in Green Valley area so far? The school and ward cool too? Congratulations on what looked like a wonderful blessing day and weekend with family.

Kris said...

What a great time for you! I LOVE that picture of Levi. He looks like he is so wise. Congratulations!

Nancy Mc said...

I LOVE how suppotive your family is, and willing to come soooo many miles. That is cool. Levi is such a cute boy. Love the picture of G-nana and the root beer.

Leah said...

So fun to see all your family, sounds like it was a great weekend!

Marci said...

Congratulations guys!

Elisha said...

It was nice to hear from you. I am glad you are doing good. Levi is so cute. Congrats. Nice to have such a great family.

Larissa said...

I'm mad I wasn't there too! Sorry I missed it. I'll have to paste the Knippers faces onto the pictures, too.