Monday, September 22, 2008

Dinosaur Land

In an attempt to get Wyatt out of the house, we took a trip to Tucson Botanical Gardens last week for their special "Dig" exhibit. Wyatt would rather stay home and play than go anywhere, and my attempts to run errands, go shopping, or even go out to do something fun, are often met with resistance (translation: crying, whining, complaining). Unfortunately, the stay home and play turns into too many hours of movies and computer games, so I decided we had to get out. We made it to storytime at the library one day, and to the Botanical Gardens another day. The dinosaur exhibit was fun, although not very extensive. They had a little treasure hunt set up throughout the gardens, and when we solved the puzzle, we were rewarded with...rocks. Okay, they were pretty cool petrified wood rocks, but I thought Wyatt was a little disappointed with his treasure. I changed my mind after we got home and he was telling Madison all about how it used to be wood and then it got buried in the ground for a long, long, long time and then it turned into rocks. I had never been to the botanical gardens before, and I actually liked it more than I thought I would. I think it would be even more impressive in the spring when more things are in bloom. We are planning to go back when they have their butterfly exhibit starting in November.

No comments: