Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dear Miss Manners,


I have an etiquette question. What do you do when your daughter gets sick in the middle of a playdate? And we have invited the whole family to come for a playdate. And we have just met this family. And the playdate happens to involve making sugar cookies for St. Patrick's Day. And sick daughter has touched nearly all of the cookie dough. And then all of a sudden she needs to tell me something. Whisper, whisper, "I think I'm going to throw up." Proceed to bathroom. Throw up. Throw up again.


Now...do I send them home? Do I throw all of the cookies away?


I left it up to the other mother. We went with the "all the germs cook out" theory or the "it might have been something she ate" theory. Anyway, sorry new friends.

Happy Green Day!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Oh, that sounds awful! Emma did the same thing right in the middle of our Christmas party for 20 of our closest friends & family. Why do kids do this to us?

Hope she's feeling better!

Unknown said...

Kerri, you write such great blog entries....makes my day!

Larissa said...

I'll take a few of those. Well, maybe I'd let someone else test them out first and see if they start puking. Way to make new friends.

Mindy Burns said...

That stinks! I don't know if I would have stuck to that theory though :) We would have invited ourselves over for another cookie making session another day :) Both our boys threw up at our Christmas Eve party last year- one of the families hasn't talked to us since! :)