Monday, August 31, 2009

Made Me Laugh

I visited Madison and Wyatt's school the other day, with Levi in tow. After we had lunch together, we were on the playground when a cute little Hispanic boy (dark skin and black-as-black hair) came to talk to us. He was talking to Levi (my blond-as-they-come baby) and telling me that my baby is so cute. And then, "Don't let him get a sunburn. I worry that he will get a sunburn. See (showing me his arm), this is what a sunburn looks like." I look closely for signs of redness. Nothing. He goes on, "When I was born, I looked just like him. I got a sunburn and now I am this color." Thanks for the advice, cute little second-grader. We'll avoid sunburns!

When I went to give Levi a bath this afternoon, the tub had little pieces of something all over it. I questioned Madison and Wyatt, who had been playing in there earlier with toy boats.
Me: "What's all over the tub?"
Madison: "Oh, that's dirt."
Me: "Where did all this dirt come from?"
Wyatt: "We wanted it to look like a real ocean."
Madison: "We dumped out Wyatt's shoes in there."
Of course you did. How resourceful of you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Made me laugh too! Thanks for sharing the little, cute things the kids do and say. The kids here in Kenya REALLY have a sunburn!

Larissa said...

Uh-oh. I may not recognize Levi next time I see him if you let him be in the sun.
Way to keep plenty of dirt in your shoes, Wyatt. You never know when you might need it.

Mindy Burns said...

Those both made me laugh so hard! Aren't kids fun? :)

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Oh man, that is really hilarious!