Friday, April 3, 2009

My STAR of the Week

Madison has been so excited for star of the week since the very beginning of school. It was FINALLY her turn! She told her first grade class all about herself and got to bring in some of her favorite things.

My name: Madison Jill Elam

My birthday: March 23, 2002

Where I was born: Tucson

My favorite food: Lasagna

My favorite color: Pink and blue

My wish: To fly to the moon

What I do well: Swim and jumprope

My favorite book: A Bad, Bad Day

A person I admire: My mom and dad

What I like most about our school: My friends

Today was "50's" spirit day at school in preparation for the "Happy Days" school carnival tomorrow. If the kids brought $1 to school, they could be out of uniform and dress up in 50's clothes. What a deal. And the first I heard of this was the flyer she brought home from school yesterday afternoon. I don't have much of a 50's wardrobe lying around and decided we weren't going to dress up (and save our dollar for something good). But when Levi wakes up at 5 am, what else could I do all morning? I made a poodle skirt!

4 comments:

Mindy Burns said...

Ok, you seriously whipped up that skirt this morning?????? Man, I should have called you to make another! :) I purposely forgot about 50's day b/c I had no idea what to do for Coralee....Hopefully she won't be too mad at me when she gets home and realizes I didn't spend $1 to wear 50's....Such a cute star of the week! It's so fun when they get so excited about things.....And she admires you the most? That's awesome!

Cecily Markland said...

You're darling, Madison! Congratulations on being Star of the Week.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Wow Kerri, I had to scroll down a few posts just to catch up! Madison had to wait a long time to be a STAR student!

I did remember that Maddie has a bday in March, and the puppy theme was great! I laughed at your sarcastic humor about your cake decorating..hahaha...

And Wyatt in preschool now?!?! Already!?! Dang that you moved. I would loved to have him in my class!

And uniforms?! Madison's school has uniform policy? The April Fools dinner sounded fun. My kids kept playing pranks on me all day on AF, and of course, I fell for it every time!

julia said...

you are an awesome mom for getting that skirt out!