Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Child Labor

It was time...It got that bad...I decided my floor really needed a hands and knees mop. So I got all of the stuff ready, and was down on the floor ready to start.
Madison walks in, "Mom, what are you doing? Can I do it?"
I try not to turn down the help (even though it's sometimes easier to do it myself). "Sure, grab a rag."
"No, I want to do it myself."
Okay, I'm sure I can find something more entertaining to do. She later allowed Wyatt to help. It kept them busy for an hour and a half. Can't beat that--a sparkling clean floor and two kids entertained for that long!

6 comments:

gRubBiE-mE said...

Hey you know... I think it has been a long time since Madi and Wyatt came to visit. I was thinkin' maybe they could come today... with their rags?

Mindy Burns said...

Ok, seriously? An hour and a half? Really? I think my lazy kids would last less than a minute! That is amazing- you must be more righteous!

Unknown said...

I love it when kids think cleaning is a fun game. Take advantage of it while they still think it is fun!

Michelle Price said...

Send them over here! I have lots of tile they could clean. I'll let them use my "floor" rags. Maybe that's what we can do next time you guys come over, instead of the treasure hunt.

Brooke said...

wow, what a great day - entertaining the kids and getting cleaning done in the same action!

julia said...

that's how you do it?!?!