Friday, March 12, 2010

My Girl

Many years ago, when I turned eight, my best friend and I spent a day in Salt Lake with our moms shopping, eating at nice restaurants, sightseeing, and having a great time. It is still a treasured memory. I wanted to have that same opportunity with my soon-to-be-eight daughter. So after chatting with her best friend's mom, we came up with a plan that entailed some much-needed girl time, combined with their current favorite thing...American Girl dolls. Santa brought the girls a "Day at American Girl Place" package. So Madison and I and Coralee and Mindy set off for a weekend in LA to spend a day at the American Girl store.

First on the agenda, get beautiful!
Just before setting out for our day--aren't they gorgeous?
On our way to the American Girl store, we stopped to see the LA Temple. The visitors center was being remodeled, but we did get to walk around the grounds and take some pictures.

We have arrived at the American Girl Place! The dolls in the display case are called Just Like You dolls, and Madison examined every one to find the one that looks just like her. The girls shopped and spent every last penny of their allotted gift card money. (But thank goodness not too many pennies more!)
We took a break from shopping to browse the Farmers Market across the street. Madison had crepes with strawberries for lunch. Yummy!

Then we made our way back to American Girl Place where the girls had a photo shoot with their dolls. Madison's picture was then put on a personalized magazine cover.
The doll hair salon was so cute. A whole line of doll-size salon chairs, with the stylists working their magic. Madison's doll even got her ears pierced at the salon.
We finished off the day with a dinner in the American Girl Cafe. The cafe was so girly, all hot pink and black and white. The napkin rings were hair ties that the girls got to keep. The dolls got their own little seats next to their girls.
Is this girl excited or what? This is the dessert plate--flower pot chocolate mousse, a tiny heart-shaped cake, and a tiny star sugar cookie.
The whole girly group...two moms, two girls, and four dolls! (Oh, and don't forget the little girl in my very large belly!)
Since we went all the way to LA, and we had one more day, we rounded out our weekend with a day at Disneyland.
Two sweet girls! They had a great time and I think they even realized how very lucky they were to get to go on this trip. They were very well behaved the whole time. And the moms...well, we were well behaved too. I sure love my boys, big and small, but I enjoyed every minute of our girl time. I can't wait to do it again in eight years with the next little girl!

6 comments:

Kris said...

Wow- what a weekend! That sounds amazing, & I'm sure she will NEVER forget it. I think I'll put this on my list of things to do with my own kiddos!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Maddie is becoming more beautiful every time I see her (on pics) I think that is SO neat that you are continuing a tradition that could last more many more years in the future with Maddie and her daughter, and etc. What a wonderful memory!!

Mindy Burns said...

It was such a fun trip! I'm so glad you posted about it! The girls were so good and it was nice to get away with them for a weekend! Maybe we'll have to do something equally as amazing when they turn 16 or something :) And you'll probably have to find someone else to go with you again with your next little girl in 8 years because I won't have another 8 year old daughter :)
I can't wait to scrapbook these pictures- they came in the mail yesterday and I'm using your layout!

Principe Restaurant (Best place for Family Party, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Unlimited Thaali) said...

https://pixengo.com/best-microphones-for-youtube/
Finding the best microphone for youtube channel can be tricky. That's why Youtubers change their mic very frequently as they hike up in their career. I've personally changed more than 30 microphones for my usage. I've tested more than a hundred microphones while setting up home studios for my clients. I thereby know the in's and out's of microphones (you're in expert hands).

Dee.. said...

https://terrariumtv.directapkdownload.com/

Virus Removal Guidelines said...

I am a regular reader of this blog and never ever get disappointed! They are always up with something new and amazing stuff! Bluetooth Bug that doesn’t sufficiently validate ECDH keys